Mexican Fiesta - Recipe: Piña Colada
Fancy enjoying a Piña Colada with Guacamole on the side?
Well, now you can with our amazing step-by-step recipes with Thickness Test included.
Prepare a tasty Guacamole with our recipe here.
Refreshing, tasty... tropically amazing! There are so many adjectives to describe this drink and we want you to experiment them all. Easy to prepare and awesome to drink!
- 120mL coconut cream, chilled
- 120mL pineapple juice, chilled
- ½ of a banana
- ⅔ of a cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp lime juice (*optional)
- 1 oz light rum (*optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use the syringe test to ensure level 2 depending on need.
- Pour and serve with an umbrella garnish!
How to Perform an IDDSI Test
The table above shows the different levels of thickness a food or drink can be. Our goal for the Piña Colada drink is to reach a level 2 (mildly thick). In order to check that a drink is at that thickness, an IDDSI flow test can be performed.
To do a flow test, fill a 10 mL syringe to the 10mL mark. Allow the drink to flow for exactly 10 seconds and then check how much liquid is left in the syringe. To reach the desired consistency for this drink between 8mL and 4mL should be left. If more than 8mL are left, add more liquid, blend the drink again, and redo the test. If less than 4mL are left, add more solid, blend the drink again, and redo the test.